Cathy Summa-Wolfe, Executive Director
Communications, Community Relations, and Advancement
COM Dance Department Presents Spring Concert: Moved
Tickets are available for the annual Spring Concert Moved presented by the College of Marin Dance Department. This year’s show includes choreographed performances by our talented faculty and guest artists.
Choreography by College of Marin Dance Faculty
Production Design by e. “Ernie” Ernstrom
Featuring Guest Performers:
Annalise Thompson – All four shows
Kaley Isabella Dance Company – March 29 and 30 only
Casey Lee Thorne, Inside Out Ballet – April 5 and 6 only
- By George, choreographed by Deborah Graham, is an energetic and lyrical piece set to the music of American composer/songwriter George Gershwin.
- Kristi Kuhn’s Beyond, is a duet in which memories come alive to the music of Chopin’s Nocturn No. 7 in Minor.
- Guest soloist Kaley Isabella’s Self Portrait explores the evolution of identity.
- David Alonzo Jones’ Mayhem fuses fast-stepping jazz with hip-hop and adds the African-American social dance style–wobble– to create an explosive mixture.
- Alan Scofield’s Pains and Pleasures refers to affairs of the heart – from jealousy to ideal love to wild passion.
- Guest artist Annalise Thompson will present two solos: Dulamon, choreographed by Erin Derstine, is an impression of what it’s like to be swept into a tide pool, and La Esmeralda.
- Buscando, by David Alonzo Jones, features a hip-hop duet.
- In Dance Anyway, guest artist Casey Lee Thorne, of Inside Out Contemporary Ballet, recalls transitional moments in life, in which the tension between past, present, and future is tangible.
- Sandra Tanner’s Levedad Del Ser (lightness of being) is a dynamic and energetic dance for five, set to the compelling music of Rodrigo y Gabriela and Bruno Coulais (composer for the film score for Coroline) and A. Filetta.
Fridays and Saturdays
March 29 and 30 at 8 p.m.
April 5 and 6 at 8 p.m.
James Dunn Theatre, Kentfield Campus
(Corner of Sir Francis Drake Blvd. and Laurel Avenue, Kentfield)
Tickets are $15 general, $10 for students and seniors
BOX OFFICE: 415.485.9385
Robin Jackson, Production Technician,
415.485.9555 or email@example.com
back to top