Office of Communications and Community Relations
Changes at the College Bookstore
KENTFIELD, CA—June 30, 2014—College of Marin is excited to announce that Follett has been selected as the new operator of the College of Marin Bookstore, effective June 20. With this new partnership, Follett brings an extensive selection of course materials and a network of more than 8,000 publishers and providers to offer students the greatest assortment of affordable options. This includes:
- The largest used textbook inventory in the industry coupled with a robust, year-round buyback program to drive down the total cost of course materials. In fact, the bookstore will pay up to 50 percent of the original purchase price for materials being used next term (until the needed quantity is met).
- Follett’s Rent-A-Text program, which saves students an average of 50 percent or more off the price of a new textbook. Rent-A-Text provides a risk-free rental experience with the ability to highlight, take notes, and easily convert rental to purchase should the student decide to keep the text.
- A broad range of digital learning technologies, such as Follett’s proprietary digital reader, inkling, Copia, and many more.
In addition to deep discounts, digital materials often feature interactive learning tools like video, animation, and models. These cost-saving options–in addition to broad collections of supplies, technology, apparel, gifts, convenience items, and more-can be explored both in-store and online through the nation’s largest online textbook portal, eFollett.com. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the bookstore team by email.
The IVC Bookstore will not be staffed for the summer. If any IVC student prepays for a book, bookstore staff can do one of the following:
- Send the book to the teacher through interoffice mail and have the teacher give it to the student.
- Mail the book to the student at a cost of $6.95.
- The student can come to Kentfield to pick it up. The book will be packaged with the student’s name on it.
Kentfield Bookstore Hours
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The bookstore is located in the Learning Resources Center, first floor.
back to top